RE: wood frame bldg deformation and windows

"1633.2.4.2 is intended for rigid panel elements such as precast cladding or
prefabricated cladding panels"

Paul- it also applies to glass curtain walls and thier frames, the kinds
that are used to enclose tall buildings and artsy ones.  Plan reviewers
should require this section to be met by someone before they issue a permit.
I agree however that I do not think this section is intended for light frame
timber building windows.  However if the front of wood building had a
vaulted area with a  2 or 3 story glass curtain wall I think the section is
applicable for that curtain wall.

Scott M Haan P.E.
Plan Review Engineer
Building Safety Division