RE: Permissible Sulfate Content in Concrete

Type II is modified cement.  It has some sulfate resistance
and lowers the head of hydration a little.

But if sulfate is a real concern, you need to go to type V
cement.

Type III is high early strength.

And while we're at it, type IV is low heat of hydration for
mass placement.

Jonathan Mallard, P.E.