RE: Permissible Sulfate Content in Concrete

Thanks for the clarification

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Mallard [mailto:jonathan.mallard(--nospam--at)rwhitehead.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:50 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Permissible Sulfate Content in Concrete

Type II is modified cement.  It has some sulfate resistance
and lowers the head of hydration a little.

But if sulfate is a real concern, you need to go to type V
cement.

Type III is high early strength.

And while we're at it, type IV is low heat of hydration for
mass placement.

Jonathan Mallard, P.E.