Structural Pipe-Flange Connections

Nels,
I've got to ask--why are you doing a space frame?
Without knowing the particulars, I've always thought
it would be cheaper to avoid all the connection
details (and half the foundations, if you're on
columns) and just use trusses.

Or should I have taken the hint from your reference to
stainless steel and assumed there was an architect
with an attitude involved?  Just curious.

Mike Hemstad, P.E.
TKDA
St. Paul, Minnesota