Re: Fatigue and Bowling Pins

Finally a topic that I can actually speak with some knowledge.

My father was a pinsetter mechanic & then the instructor for the west
coast pinsetter mechanic school (1959 -1965) for Brunswick Corp.

It is in fact true that pins were rountinely "rested" and that the rest
period did substantially extend the "in service" life.

Mechanics were taught not only to maintain the pinsetter but also the
alleys & the pins.

regards
Bob Kazanjy

BTW aren't the pins still made of gluelam maple?  :)
They made for really great firewood when I was a kid!