From: Dave Nuttall [mailto:dnuttall(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:57 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Chicago Area Snow Loads

There is too much of a variance around the Chicago area to assume
anything -
especially the western suburbs.

Depending upon the suburb, I have seen base snow loads ranging from
25psf to 40 psf.

You had better get some documentation from the building code official.
If he doesn't know, ask to speak to his supervisor.

Good luck.

Dave Nuttall, P.E.
Green Bay, WI