Re: Measurement of Viscosity

Bill,

Viscosity is a measure of resistance to flow.
Viscosity could be absolute viscosity  (dynamic) or kinematic viscosity.

Below please find typical viscosity units:

                                ABSOLUTE                        KINEMATIC

English               lbf-sec/sqft                               sqft/sec

Conv. metric      dyne-sec/sqcm                       sqcm/sec
                             (  poise)
 (stoke)

SI                         pascal-sec                               sqm/s
                             (Nxs/sqm)

Hope this helps.

Desi J. Kiss

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:44:31 -0600 "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
writes:
> I'm looking at a product specification sheet which states that a
> given
> polyurethane resin product should exhibit a viscosity of "250-400
> cps".
>
> What the heck is "cps" in this instance? I thought maybe
> "centipoise" but
> that doesn't seem to work in comparison with the spec requirements.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>

> William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
> Polhemus Engineering Company
> Katy, TX, USA