UBC 2213A.8.3.1

Fellow Engineers,

I just need clarification on item #2. What is the design seismic force? Is it the load due to E or the load due to E/1.4.

If the connections are designed as slip critical, shall we use 1.7 x the allowable slip load or could we use 1.7 x the allowable load for bearing type connections

Rainier Catubig, S.E.
San Diego, California