Re: hollow clay tile

Yes.

I performed one such division 88 retrofit in Beverly Hills. Nick Manchev of DMJM in Los Angeles was the engineer-of-record.

Special testing was required by the building official for that project; substantial material testing was performed by Al Liseckas at Los Angeles Testing Laboratories.

This was a very difficult project!

Steven A.
Los Angeles

Mark Baker wrote:

We are about to begin retrofit work on a hollow clay tile building. Due to the lack of published information available to us on tension and shear capacity of epoxied anchors in this material we are establishing capacities (during design phase of work) based on testing. My question: Does anyone have first hand experience with test results in hollow clay tile that can provide some insight into capacities we should expect to see during testing? Nels...??? Thanks, Mark