Re: Adding brick shelf support to grade beam

This solution, while acceptable, does not appeal to me.  Angles are visible,
and therefore, ugly.  If exposed to water and air, they will eventually rust to
failure (though they may outlive the building).

But more to the point, I don't quite follow your question.  Is this a wall,
full height veneer, wainscot, or what?

You may want to create a simple text-drawing.

Assuming it is possible to get below grade with the support, you might as well
form a ledge with concrete, since you will be drilling into concrete for a
support anyway, and could just as easily epoxy rebar as threaded rod.

As a separate question, how do you intend to tie the veneer back to the grade
beam?  Or am I misunderstanding the question?

-Keith Fix, PE
-Little Rock, AR