Construction Humor Followup

<<It's not every day that you come across a joke about a blond guy, and jokes about construction worker safety are also pretty rare. So, what are the odds of finding a joke about a blonde construction guy involved in a jobsite accident?  This joke shouldn't anger anyone>>

<< "Hey, don't look at me," she said, "he makes his own lunches!".>>

Well, it offends me, but maybe that's because I'm from California and we're a little more sensitive here.  First of all, it's an old joke.  Second, the punch line should have been "If only I'd known how tired he was of making his own lunch, I could have made one for him."  Third, how did the wives know why they jumped since nobody was around to tell them.  And fourth, they could have exchanged lunches to avoid the problem, and therefore only one would have had to jump.

Best regards.

Carl S.