Re: Steel Moment Frames Connections-FEMA350

FEMA 350 does not offer any pre-qualified connections to the weak-axis of a
column.

Current design criteria can be found in the AISC Seismic Provisions,
including Supplement 2, downloadable as PDF files from the AISC website.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

***************************

                    "Sunil Gupta"
                    <Sunil(--nospam--at)olmm.com      To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

                    01/14/02 01:33       cc:
                    PM
                    Please respond       Subject:     Steel Moment Frames Connections-FEMA350.
                    to seaint
                                                                                                                 .

Does anyone know if frame beam moment connection into weak axis of columns
is considered a qualified moment frame connection under FEMA-350.

If it is not prequalified, then are there any criteria that can be used in
the design of such moment frame connections?

the views of the company.