From: David Williams [mailto:dwilliams(--nospam--at)snydereng.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 3:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Operating System Reccomendation Sought

A year ago, I was running Windows 98 and experienced crashes on a regular
basis.  I was running Office 2000, AutoCAD 14/2000, RAM Structural and a
variety of other software.  I also had a P3-166 w/128 meg RAM.   I switched
to a P3-733 and Windows 2000 several months ago and can count the number of
crashes since then on one hand.  Our server is still running 98 and still
crashes on occasion.  I just got Windows XP at home but don't have much
experience with it yet.  It seems to be fairly stable so far.  I'm not an
expert on OS's, I just know 2000 has been much more stable for me than 98
was.  Take this FWIW.

David L. Williams, P.E.
Vice-Pres., Snyder Engineering, Inc.
409 Vandiver Drive, Bldg. 5, Ste 203