To: Seaint
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 2:14 PM
Subject: Wind pressure software

I was wondering what wind pressure calculation software is being used out there.  (I am getting tired of doing this stuff by hand.)  I would like something that gives nice diagrams for calculation submittals - (not just numbers).  It would have to do Components and Cladding as well as Main Wind Force Resisting System loads.  I would like something that would do ASCE 7-98, ASCE 7-95 and BOCA '96.  I tried searching the archives but did not see much of a discussion.

Perhaps a bit of a survey would help simplify my quest:

Type of software being used:
Components and Cladding (Y/N)? Y
Main Wind Force Resisting (Y/N)? Y
Diagrams for reports (Y/N)?Y
Overall rating from 1 to 10: 9+
Any other comments: Does ASCE-98, General and Low Rise for SBC, IBC and BOCA and Normal Method for UBC.

Thanks for your input,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates