Re: sap2000-nonlinear dynamic analysis

I heard that SAP2000 vendor provides a good technical
support. You may want to give them a call.

Rajendran
--- george pavlides <gpavlid(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:

<HR>
<P> </P>
<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE:
10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB">I
could really use your help on a matter conserning
SAP2000.What i'm trying to do is study a steel frame
and its plastic mechanism.I'm&nbsp;really having
problems with the nonlinear dynamic analysis.How can
we assign the plastic1 element in SAP2000?Should we
add joints close to the given ones and draw it
there?Also at which direction shall we apply the
nonlinear behaviour?Working with SAP2000 is easy to
apply a pushover analysis with plastic hinges but how
about the nonlinear dynamic
analysis?&nbsp;I&nbsp;would be grateful if&nbsp;anyone
could point me how we can draw these&nbsp;Nllink
elements.&nbsp;</SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE:
10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB">I
would be really glad if you could reply to my question
since i can't find any help at all about this
matter(plastic analysis with SAP200nl) or give me some
advise where i can find something useful &nbsp;on the
Internet</SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-GB
style="mso-ansi-language: EN-GB"><?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE:
10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language:
EN-GB">Thank you </SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY: Arial">George</SPAN></P>
<P class=MsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P>
world?s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. <a
href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag4_etl_EN.asp'>Click

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* *******
******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
*
*   This email was sent to you via Structural
Engineers
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC)
server. To
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any
email you
*   send to the list is public domain and may be
re-posted
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our
web
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org
********