From: Alden Manipula, E.I.T. [mailto:amanipula(--nospam--at)novagroupinc.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 11:17 AM
To: SEAINT Listserve
Subject: Net uplift on joists and joist girders

Net uplift is the difference between the calculated pressures on the roof
structure and the roof dead loads, right?

And if so, when does it become a problem?  Most of the buildings i've done
so far have been relatively small and the roof dead loads have always
exceeded the pressures i've calculated.

TIA.

Alden Manipula, EIT

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp