Warning to HP Calculator Users[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT List Server (E-mail)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Warning to HP Calculator Users
- From: "Adair, Joel" <JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:55:23 -0600
If many of you are like me, you've been using an HP RPN calculator since your freshmen-level statics class or even before that. Over the weekend, I discovered that those of us who depend on our HP calculators may have a potential crisis on our hands -- HP may be ending its calculator development division. You can read about it here:
HP is the only producer of RPN calculators. I don't know about you, but my brain only works in RPN! The switch from RPN to a regular algebraic calculator would probably be more painful to me than the switch from ASD to LRFD (a change that I'm currently undertaking).
Joel Adair, EIT
Halff Associates, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Wanted: HP 41CV or CX
- Next by Subject: RE: Warning to HP Calculator Users
- Previous by thread: Re: Re: Net uplift on joists and joist girders
- Next by thread: Re: Warning to HP Calculator Users