From: Adair, Joel [mailto:JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 8:55 AM
To: SEAINT List Server (E-mail)
Subject: Warning to HP Calculator Users

If many of you are like me, you've been using an HP RPN calculator since your freshmen-level statics class or even before that.  Over the weekend, I discovered that those of us who depend on our HP calculators may have a potential crisis on our hands -- HP may be ending its calculator development division.  You can read about it here:

http://www.hpcalc.org/goodbyeaco.php

HP is the only producer of RPN calculators.  I don't know about you, but my brain only works in RPN!  The switch from RPN to a regular algebraic calculator would probably be more painful to me than the switch from ASD to LRFD (a change that I'm currently undertaking).

-- Joel

Joel Adair, EIT
Halff Associates, Inc.
E-mail: jadair(--nospam--at)halff.com