RE: Warning to HP Calculator Users[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Warning to HP Calculator Users
- From: Joyce Fuss <Joyce(--nospam--at)lbdg.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:24:00 -0800
Joyce Fuss, SE
Senior Structural Engineer
Lionakis Beaumont Design Group, Inc.
1919 19th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 558-1900, ext. 264
Fax: (916) 558-1925
From: Adair, Joel [mailto:JAdair(--nospam--at)Halff.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:55 AM
To: SEAINT List Server (E-mail)
Subject: Warning to HP Calculator Users
If many of you are like me, you've been using an HP RPN calculator since your freshmen-level statics class or even before that. Over the weekend, I discovered that those of us who depend on our HP calculators may have a potential crisis on our hands -- HP may be ending its calculator development division. You can read about it here:
HP is the only producer of RPN calculators. I don't know about you, but my brain only works in RPN! The switch from RPN to a regular algebraic calculator would probably be more painful to me than the switch from ASD to LRFD (a change that I'm currently undertaking).
Joel Adair, EIT
Halff Associates, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Warning to HP Calculator Users
- Next by Subject: Re: Warning to HP Calculator Users
- Previous by thread: RE: Warning to HP Calculator Users
- Next by thread: RE: Warning to HP Calculator Users