Warning to HP Calculator Users

Here is an interesting HP website that I used several years ago when I was
having problems with one of my calculators.  It provides a history of all
the HP calculators every made.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 01/16/02 11:24 AM -----

                    "Adair, Joel"
                    <JAdair@Halff.       To:     "SEAINT List Server (E-mail)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    com>                 cc:
                                         Subject:     Warning to HP Calculator Users
                    01/16/02 09:55
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to seaint

If many of you are like me, you've been using an HP RPN calculator since
your freshmen-level statics class or even before that.  Over the weekend, I
discovered that those of us who depend on our HP calculators may have a
potential crisis on our hands -- HP may be ending its calculator
development division.  You can read about it here:

http://www.hpcalc.org/goodbyeaco.php

HP is the only producer of RPN calculators.  I don't know about you, but my
brain only works in RPN!  The switch from RPN to a regular algebraic
calculator would probably be more painful to me than the switch from ASD to
LRFD (a change that I'm currently undertaking).

-- Joel

Joel Adair, EIT
Halff Associates, Inc.
E-mail: jadair(--nospam--at)halff.com