From: Steven A. [mailto:cratylus(--nospam--at)earthlink.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 2:25 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Warning to HP Calculator Users

I have been using an HP-41CV for 17-18 years. I last changed the battery 6 years ago. The damn thing keeps on going. Does anyone else use this model? Does HP still make this model?

Steven A.
Los Angeles

"Adair, Joel" wrote:

If many of you are like me, you've been using an HP RPN calculator since your freshmen-level statics class or even before that.  Over the weekend, I discovered that those of us who depend on our HP calculators may have a potential crisis on our hands -- HP may be ending its calculator development division.  You can read about it here:

http://www.hpcalc.org/goodbyeaco.php

HP is the only producer of RPN calculators.  I don't know about you, but my brain only works in RPN!  The switch from RPN to a regular algebraic calculator would probably be more painful to me than the switch from ASD to LRFD (a change that I'm currently undertaking).

-- Joel

Joel Adair, EIT
Halff Associates, Inc.
E-mail: jadair(--nospam--at)halff.com