RE:Warning to HP Calculator Users

Title: RE:Warning to HP Calculator Users

I too was shocked when I read that HP was getting out of the calculator business. I became aware of this while searching the www.hpclac.org (highly recommended) website for programs. I bought a 41CV in 1981 because a co-worker had one and I was impressed. I wrote numerous programs for it and used it until the battery pack died in 1999. Unfortunately, I had lost the battery cradle for non-rechargeable batteries so I purchased a 48GX. I have been very impressed with the 48GX especially the link to my PC which, through various programs (available on the previously mentioned website), simplifies writing, documenting and transferring programs. Sounds like HP is going to have a spike in business from engineers buying spare calculators!

Jonathan Meyer, P.E.
Webber/Smith Associates, Inc
1857 William Penn Way Suite 200
Lancaster, Pa. 17601
Phone: (717)-291-2024  Ext. 239
Fax:     (717)-291-4401
Email: jmeyer(--nospam--at)webbersmith.com