Re: Warning to HP Calculator Users

It must have been a pretty advanced model since the HP-67 was introduced in
1976 and the first moon landing was in 1969?!?

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 01/17/02 02:21 PM -----

                    Roger Turk
                    <73527.1356@compu       To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
                    serve.com>              cc:
                                            Subject:     Re: Warning to HP Calculator Users
                    01/17/02 01:58 PM
                    Please respond to
                    seaint

Rich Lewis wrote:

. > I think another here problem is that the government did not step in and
. > regulate HP years ago, slap some environmental upgrade restrictions on
. > them, and require that there products expire after 5 years of use.

Now that you mention "government," Rich, it reminded me that the HP-67 was
*the* back-up computer for the first moon landing.  In fact, HP provided a
game card with the HP-67 that simulated a moon landing, with the display
flashing if you crashed, or went back into the milky way.

A. Roger Turk
Tucson, Arizona