Re: Warning to HP Calculator Users

It wasn't that government mandated the life of the appliance, it was a
direct consequence of the mandate.  The older appliances used larger
motors & more energy.  In late 70's when those little yellow tags were
appearing on the appliance the energy consumption restriction required a
smaller motor that worked harder, therefore the life was cut
dramatically.  Now I am not an electrical engineer, and my college
electric circuit class was back in the transistor days so I can't back
this up with hard data, but this is what I was told was the affect by the
man who sold the replacements.

Rich