RE: "Stick-Built" Metal Building?

Sounds like the wild, wild west! Seriously, those types are all over this
country. Like Bill said, it is important that we explain why it is more
than just a stamping exercise.

If we suspect that someone is rubber stamping these drawings without
actually checking to see if the structure meets the current code
requirements, isn't it our professional obligation to call them on it (or
have the governing authority check into it further)? If they have their
bases covered, there should be nothing to fear.

Jim K.

PS

Just because the previous construction was approved, doesn't mean it will
check out now. Building codes are being continually revised and updated.