Re: Need ASTM Equivalents

Kipp,

Oh, yes actually i got mislead with the fact that all the other standards
were related to the steel/prestressing strands so i thought there should be
a mix up between M225 & M252.

I went back to the AASHTO MATERIALS SPECIFICATION PART-1 and found out that
there is no one-to-one equivalence of ASTM STANDARD for the AASHTO STANDARD
M 252 which is infact a Standard Specification for: 'PLASTIC AND
POLYETHYLENE CORRUGATED DRAINAGE PIPE OR TUBING'. However, in this
particular AASHTO M252 Standard Specification there is ofcourse mention of
some related/relevant ASTM equivalents, namely:

  -  ASTM D2148: Polyethylene molding & extrusion
     materials.

  -  ASTM 2412:  External loading properties of
     plastic pipe by parralel- plate loading.

  -  ASTM 2122:  Determining dimension of
     thermoplastic pipe.

This is all that is mentioned in the AASHTO M252, and as I said before,
there is no one-to-one ASTM equivalence for this particular AASHTO standard
Specification.

I hope this helps & sorry for the belated response. Regards,

SYED FAIZ AHMAD; MENGG, MASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.