RE: dynamic effect of fluids stored in tanks

The topic is covered in API-650 and API-620.  The publications can be
purchased from API at www.api.org

You may also get valuable information from the following internet sites:

Dynamic Analysis and Design of Large Steel Liquid Reservoirs
www.seaint.org/papers.asp

Simple Procedure for Seismic Analysis of Liquid-Storage Tanks
www.iabse.ethz.ch/sei/backissues/abstracts.sei0003/malhotra.pdf

Ronald Hill, P.E.
HILL Consulting Engineering
PO BOX 26525