RE: dynamic effect of fluids stored in tanks

Look at API 650 or AWWA D100

-----Original Message-----
From: FAIZEE Faizal Rahiman [HIAF]
[mailto:thifaiz(--nospam--at)hiaf-techint-arabia.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 7:05 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: dynamic effect of fluids stored in tanks

hi everybody,
 can any one tell how to account for the  dynamic effect of fluid stored in
a circular tank under seismic loading .I have done analysis on dams using
the Westagaards approximation assuming a parabolic mass of water attached to
the structure vibrating along with the structure. but in this case the fluid
is TEG tri ethylene glycol the SG is 1.06  I d appreciate if any one can
help me in this matter. also when the case is for liquids which have SG less
than 1.
Best regards,
Faizee Faizal Rahiman
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER