From: vicpeng
To: SEAINT
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 2:08 PM
Subject: Load Indicating Washers.

I'm sure this topic was discussed in the past, however, a search of the archives didn't find the answer.  I'll keep looking, it's possible that my search query on "washers" & "DTI washers" is wrong.

I need to clamp a bracket (to be used for a friction grip), and I need a washer/other that will indicate when I have reached the clamping force.

I have access to beveled (Belleville) washers that give a clamp force of 2373 lb (max P = 3078 lb).  I need 3400 lb.  Would  putting 2 washers of 1700 lb on one side give me the load I need.

Methinks that it doesn't add that simply?

Thor A Tandy P.Eng
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)sprint.ca