From: Matthew Stuart [mailto:m.stuart(--nospam--at)aespj.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 9:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Non-shrink grout at steel columns

Minimum recommended grout thickness = 1-1/2" to 2" (with leveling
plates).
Increase as required for larger diameter anchor bolts requiring larger
leveling nuts.

Use of leveling plates or leveling nuts should be left up to the
discretion
of the erector.

Base plates should be grouted as soon as practical.