Grouting CMU walls

I would like to solicit opinions as to how long the
concrete block sub-contractor should wait between
grouting one lift and starting to lay block for the
next lift.  My concern is that if the contractor
starts to lay block too soon, while the grout is
still in its plastic state, cracks could develop due
to workers bumping and hitting the wall (by accident
of course).

I can not find any recommendations in the Code in
this area.  Any opinions, and or any directions to
standards that there may exist would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn