Re: Grouting CMU walls

Sounds like low-lift grouting, where the wall segment poured is not
taller than 5'. If grouting more than 12" in heigth, the grout must be
consolidated.
Typically these walls are grouted with a pump and hose (a lot of bumping
and bruising of the outer face shells is happening).
Then it is consolidate either mechanically or by 'puddling' (more
bumping and bruising, but to the inner face shell and web).
You should not worry about the mason adding a few courses, in light of
the above.
However, if the mason quickly adds another five feet, there may be some
bracing concerns. There may be other concerns if the contractor is using
a stack bond or if working in cold/rainy conditions.

Steven A.
Los Angeles