RE: Vibration Problem

David,

I am kinda doubting the vibration cause.  How old is the house?  How long is
the rear of the house?  Is the cracking vertical or horizontal?  Is it at
the corners?  Is it at windows or doors?  How wide are the cracks?  Are
there any clues inside the house like cracks or separations at corners of
floors, ceilings, walls, windows, and doors?

The CMU units can shrink over a long wall length.  The soil may be OK, but
was not compacted real well and had differential settlement.  Is the any
cracking in the slab or sides of the footings?  Is the wall pushed out from
the top of the wall compared to the bottom?  Is the roof system joists and
rafters or trusses?  Sometimes the joists don't get tied back and the roof
causes an outward thrust?  Just some thoughts.

Glenn C. Otto, PE
LIBERTY ENGINEERING, P.C.
Virginia Beach, VA