Repost: Splicing of precast concrete piles

I am resending the request below, in the hope that someone can give me an answer, or point me in the right direction. I have been unable to find anything in the UBC97 or ACI318 regarding the subject, and I am at a loss where to search further. I have, as discussed previously, advised our client not to accept pile splices that are only able to transfer compressive loads, but he says he needs a code requirement like: "...minimum tensile or bending capacity of pile splices shall be such...". This is a long-time client and, even though we are not designing the pile foundation, I do not want him to get into any trouble because of this.

Regards,
Gunnar Hafsteinn Isleifsson
Denmark

Your following message has been delivered to the list
  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org at 16:48:29 on 20 Jan 2002.

...snip

I would be grateful if anyone can tell me where I can find which requirements, if any, US norms have regarding compressive, tensile or bending strength of pile splices, when the piles are always in compression.

With regards,