RE: Fp, Equipment Seismic Load

I assume you are referring to the 1997 UBC. See responses below.

(From: RainCat1(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:RainCat1(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Subject: Fp, Equipment Seismic Load)

I just want to know your thoughts on the following items:

    1) Fp on UBC 1632.2. Is it strength level or allowable stress level?

 Strength level. (See definition of Eh in 1630.1.1)

    2) For Non Building Structures, are the requirements of 1632 applicable?

 1632 applies to nonstructural components attached to structures and to
elements of structures. 1634 applies to self-supporting non-building
structures. You could make the argument that 1632 applies to elements or
components attached to non-building structures.