Re: Overchute design

Julian,

	You'd better make sure that the hydraulics works.  If the
cross-sectional dimensions and slope don't accommodate the desired water
flow you may have an unhappy client to deal with.

	Near the Town of Brooks, Alberta, there stands a trestle type water
flume structure 60 to 100 feet tall and a mile long, that prior to the
building of Hoover Dam, was the world's largest concrete structure.
This structure stands abandoned, largely, according to the tourist
information signboards, because the hydraulics didn't work.

			Regards,

			H. Daryl Richardson