Table 16A-K or 16-K of 1998 California Building Code?

I would appreciate help on 1998 California Building Code. In Volume 2 of
this code, importance factors given by Table 16-K and 16A-K are different. I
am designing a concrete mat for a power plant in California. A transformer
sits on this mat. Chapter 16A is for DSA/SS (Division of the State
Architect/Structure Safety Section). A CBO official indicated that I should
use Table 16A-K instead of 16-K. Any comments?

Peter Cheng