Re: Fp, Equipment Seismic Load, Follow Up Question

Section 1632 prescribes design forces for the equipment attachment.  This
would include the entire load path from the equipment anchorage through any
bracing / support members, until you reach the lateral force resisting
system of the nonbuilding structure.  Fp is not an applied static force to
be carried down to grade by the nonbuilding structure.

Section 1634 prescribes design forces for nonbuilding structures.  The
weight of the equipment (Wp) is part of the Weight (W) of the nonbuilding
structure.

Rick Drake, SE
Fluor Daniel, Aliso Viejo, CA

***************************

                    RainCat1(--nospam--at)aol.co
                    m                    To:     <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                    01/29/02 08:40
                    AM                   cc:
                    Please respond
                    to seaint            Subject:     Re: Fp, Equipment Seismic Load, Follow Up Question.

                                                                                                                 .

I have to re-phrase my question:
     If I have an equipment that is supported by a non-building structure,
do I have to design the equipment connection/ bracing per 1632? Thanks
again for your thoughts!

Rainier
San Diego, California

the views of the company.