From: "David Williams" <dwilliams(--nospam--at)snydereng.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Collateral ceiling load
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:20:08 -0600

I'm reviewing a submittal from a pre-engineering metal building company for
a 200'x240' light manufacturing facility.  What's a reasonable ballpark
number for the collateral load from an automatic sprinkler system and
electrical lighting fixtures/conduit (no HVAC)? I couldn't find anything
specific in the controlling code (96 BOCA) or in the IBC.

TIA

David L. Williams, P.E.
Vice-Pres., Snyder Engineering, Inc.
409 Vandiver Drive, Bldg. 5, Ste 203