Minimum Flexural Strength of Columns[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Minimum Flexural Strength of Columns
- From: "Alex C. Nacionales" <acnacionales(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:52:27 -0800
The UBC code states that the flexural strength of columns framing into a joint
must at least be 1.2 times flexural strength of beams framing into that joint.
Does this provision apply to only to Special Moment Resisting Space Frames(SMRSF)? Can this provision be disregarded fo frames assumed to support gravity loads only like in shear wall systems or dual systems?
Thanks in advance.
Alex C. Nacionales
- Prev by Subject: Re: Min. Reinforcement in Pedestals
- Next by Subject: Re: Minimum Flexural Strength of Columns
- Previous by thread: Enhanced Metafile, testing
- Next by thread: Re: Minimum Flexural Strength of Columns