NDS Flat Use Factor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint@seaint. org (E-mail)" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: NDS Flat Use Factor
- From: AWCInfo <AWCINFO(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:50:45 -0500
Nels, your interpretation is correct. Take a look at NDS Table 2.3.1. It shows the complete list of adjustment factors and whether they are "cumulative". Footnotes to the table provide any exceptions (i.e., like C_L and C_V NOT being cumulative).
Buddy Showalter, P.E.
From: "Nels Roselund, SE" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
Subject: NDS Flat Use Factor
The 1997 NDS Supplement provides a Size Factor CF for beam members used with
loads applied to the narrow face. For Flat Use, factor Cfu is given.
Because of the word "also" in the explanation of Cfu, my interpretation of
the use of the factors is that the allowable flexure value for flat use is
based on using both the Size Factor and the Flat Use factor so that Fallow =
Fb x CF x Cfu. Is that correct?
South San Gabriel, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: NDS Flat Use Factor
- Next by Subject: Need ASTM Equivalents
- Previous by thread: RE: NDS Flat Use Factor
- Next by thread: Code Interpretation