From: Nicholas Blackburn [mailto:nblackburn(--nospam--at)fdgoak.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 10:42 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: elevator hoist beam

It depends on the size of the elevator.  The hoistbeam is provided to allow
installation and testing of the cab prior to having the actual elevator
lifting equipment installed and operational.  Simple span loaded at the
mid-point seems reasonable but 5k seems a bit light.  You can get elevator
info directly from Otis' home page
(http://www.otis.com/products/listing/0,1357,CLI1_PRT30,00.html).  The CAD
drawings should include cab weights rail force requirements etc.

Nick Blackburn