Floor slab on grade

For those of you who use the PCA design method for a floor slab on grade
under post loads from rack storage -

 I am using the PCA method as explained by Ringo and Anderson in their
book "Designing Floor Slabs On Grade".
The racking layout has 2 rows of racks, back-to-back.  The distance z
(from centre to centre of posts) between the back posts of these racks
is 16". Ringo says that z, among others, is required information for the
design.  But then the ensuing calcs do not use z.
I realised this only when I went back to redo the calcs for the case
where z=4".  No difference.  Does that make sense to you?   It doesn't
to me.

   x   z   x
+=====+ +=====+
|     | |     |