Long Building in Zone 3

Title: Long Building in Zone 3

My firm is planning a processing facility in Zone 3 (1997 UBC) that is expected to be about 550' wide and 1100' long. I am planning to provide expansion joints along the length, but I am not sure how expansion joints are typically handled in high seismic zones. The following questions come to mind:

Any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Meyer, P.E.
Webber/Smith Associates, Inc
1857 William Penn Way Suite 200
Lancaster, Pa. 17601
Phone: (717)-291-2024  Ext. 239
Fax:     (717)-291-4401
Email: jmeyer(--nospam--at)webbersmith.com