From: maaz siddig ibrahim [mailto:maaz_siddig(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 9:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: P-Delta analysis

Dear sirs :

I have some convusion with respect to the P-Delta analysis which is used
instead of the magnification factor in ACI for the additional moment and
shear forces due to the effect of the axial load .but I have made some tests
for this method so I found that the P-Delta method can not give you the
correct critical load because it use the beam stiffness instead of the
stability function (beam - column stiffness ),the calculated critical load
is more than the real one which is for me not conservative,If some one has
more informations about this method , I wait a reply .

Thanks
Engineer :Maaz Siddig
Abu Dhabi