From: Julian Chu [mailto:Julian(--nospam--at)gouvisgroup.com]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 3:56 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Snow load - Projected or sloped?

Hi everyone:

UBC Section 1614 does not show how the snow load shall be applied to a
sloped roof. We think the snow load shall be adjusted for the slope of roof
in the office.

However, if we use the alternate design procedure of Appendix 16, Division
I, Section 1640 allows us to apply the snow load Pf on a horizontal
projected plane.

Can we use the projected plane concept with the Section 1614?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Julian Chu
Newport Beach, CA