Column Stiffeners[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Column Stiffeners
- From: "Alex C. Nacionales" <acnacionales(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:32:45 -0800
I have a Steel column supporting a Steel Beam on a seated beam connection on the flange of the column.The member forces exceed the minimum so that column stiffeners are required asper AISC Code. However the Contractor reasons that the stiffened seat of the beams act as stiffeners and thus column stiffeners are not needed. I am the Project Engineer for the owner and I consulted the Structural Designer and he allowed this . I disagree. I am wrong?
I'd appreciate your opinion regarding. Thanks.
Alex C. Nacionales
- Prev by Subject: RE: Column reinforcement splices
- Next by Subject: RE: Column Stiffeners
- Previous by thread: Re: HP calculator story
- Next by thread: RE: Column Stiffeners