Re: Lack of Drafters

>beautiful calculations do not mean a thing if the drawings
>are not well put together and properly communicating the design.
I'll take this opportunity to preach a little homily. The purpose of
engineering is communication. Engineers don't build; they communicate
instructions so others can build. These instructions may be drawings,
purchase specifications, quality assurance requirements, budgets and
their justification or simply verbal instructions to someone who will be
providing any of the above. Drawings which are ambiguous or equivocal
aren't much better than cartoons no matter how well the drafter can use
either CAD software or a pencil. And no matter how weel the drafter
adheres to line width stadards and lettering conventions.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw