From: Dave Nuttall [mailto:dnuttall(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 7:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Lack of Drafters + another issue

While I worked in Chicago, my boss only employed engineers who could
design,
detail, and draw
their own jobs.  The engineer was accountable for all aspects of the
job.
The engineer became
proficient and more practical because he then also had to answer all the
questions that were generated
from the drawings.  Cad drafts people draw, but are not usually
accountable
to the outside world for
missed marks, typos, etc.

Dave Nuttall, P.E.