Fixed Column Base

There is a crane building 90 feet high by 90 feet wide. To control sway, it
is felt that we have to fix the column bases. The base moments are
substantial.....about 1000 ft-kips. The columns are supported on a pile
foundation driven to rock at about 30 feet below grade.

Is it possible to create fixity with a pile foundation? I would think we
could design the pile cap to resist the moment and make an attachment of
the piles to resist the up and down forces. I would think the issue comes
down to whether the pile can resist the upward force.

Is this how others see it? Does anyone else have experience with this type
of structure? Any guidance is certainly appreciated.

Jim K.